The VanSchaack house, dates back to c. 1785. In 1865, James Mix, Jr., Albany's leading silversmith at the time, purchased the home and added the mansard roof, and 3rd floor, with no disruption to flow or integrity. Ten BR's, 6 BA's, Formal DR, sitting rooms, butler's pantry, breakfast room, fireplaces, gracious staircases, circular drive, magnificent front porch - it's got it all! Historic Kinderhook Village. Situated on 1.42 acres of parklike grounds. Agent owned. DR chandelier does not convey.