This vacant wooded lot measuring approximately .85 acres is located on a cul-de-sac and backs up to a large lake. Location is everything, and this property is conveniently located about a four-minute walk to the beach. History of DeBordieu: DeBordieu Colony has a rich and storied past. One of the oldest East Coast beachside communities, the region was given its name in 1777. Proclaimed â€œborderland of Godâ€ by Marquis de Lafayette, the French translation â€œDâ€™aborde Dieuâ€ became â€œDeBordieuâ€ or â€œDebidueâ€ from the local Gullah dialect. In Pre-Civil War times, the area was one of the most significant rice-producing regions in the world, leading to the construction of many colonies and vacation homes. Much of the area was later purchased by Dr. Isaac Emerson, a wealthy businessman from Baltimore, and then inherited by his grandson, George Vanderbilt. The land and homes remained in the family until 1970, when Lucille Vanderbilt, George Vanderbiltâ€™s daughter, sold a portion of the property to developer Wallace F. Pate. That was the beginning of what is now known as DeBordieu Colony. Today DeBordieu Colony is a private gated community covering 2, 700 acres of land and wildlife preserve. The community has 1, 250 home sites. The island has three distinct areas; North Beach, South Beach, where the Colony is centered, and the southernmost end of the island which includes the Hobcaw tract and DeBordieu Island spit. DeBordieu is located south of Pawleys Island and north of Georgetown east of US Hwy 17.