City of LA Cultural Historic Monument No. 639. A landmark and social gathering place of the Windsor Village Historic District, what is today known as the Ruskin Art Club was originally constructed in 1922 with the care and attention to detail fitting a religious edifice to be the Sunday School and Rectory for the Methodist Church. The Church sold the property in 1926 to the Ruskin Art Club, the oldest club in LA. Rich in history and culture, Ruskin's vision of the unity of life and art is still reflected in the now restored Mission Revival Style building re-envisioned as a single family residence by Lander Design. Sited high above the street on a corner lot, the residence wraps around a generous center courtyard in keeping with its Mission Revival tradition.The living room features a massive Batchelder tile fireplace, open beam ceiling, custom lighting, and multiple French doors which open to the courtyard affording the classic California indoor-outdoor lifestyle.